These are the steps to build a successful online business
When you begin to create your own online business, there is a simple formula you should follow. Having a successful online business is not rocket science anymore and can be achieved by anyone. To make a successful business online, you are going to want to implement the following steps.
Step 1: Find a niche.
Your niche is going to be your marketplace. The niche you choose should focus on something specific inside a market. You do not want to have a broad idea or else you will get lost in the crowd.
The niche you choose for your online business does not have to be something complex or this brand new idea. You as a person already have experiences, interests, and hobbies that you are passionate about. The best place to start is with a niche you already have knowledge on.
Fitness would be too broad for a niche, but maybe you might know which supplements people should be consuming. You could be into beauty products so why not create a niche where people can find all the beauty products that are not animal tested?
There are many ways to create and find your own niche to focus on.
If you need help with your niche leave me a comment below and I will help you get started. You can also find out more about niche’s here.
Step 2: Start planning.
You have now selected which niche you want to have as an online business. In this next simple step, you want to decide if your niche is going to sell a product, offer a service, or affiliate market products. When you affiliate market products, you do not actually sell them, you have links for people to buy the product from another website. I’m sure you have clicked links from other sites and bought products. The site you clicked through made money off of your purchase. The formula for all 3 ways is exactly the same.
- Your headline should create interest.
- Discuss the problem your product or service will solve.
- Show how it solved your own problem.
- Show testimonials from existing customers.
- Describe the product and how it will benefit your viewer.
- Make your offer on the product.
- Guarantee the product.
- Establishing an urgency will help close the sale.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for the sale.
- You just made money online.
This product or service is in your niche. When you create your content for the product, people will be able to feel the passion you have about it. Don’t forget to read your content as you create it from the view of your potential customers.
Step 3: Build a Website.
You have your niche and your formula for selling. When it comes to your website design, keep it simple. You know when you go to a website that has been over done, you just leave right away. Think about Facebook, the design, and layout of Facebook is incredibly simple and easy for every user. I have some tips for your website design.
1. White background with one or two generic fonts.
2. Navigation around your site should be crystal clear.
3. Graphics, audio, and video should only be used to enhance your product
4. A registry to collect emails, customers are loyal to people they trust.
5. Easy to buy, 1-2 clicks away from purchasing.
6. Your website is your business, make it customer friendly.
Building a website is not as complicated as you might have thought. There are services out there that make it extremely easy for beginners to start building. WordPress is a website builder I would recommend for anyone looking to start.
Step 4: Create traffic to your site with search engines.
Pay-per-click advertising is the quickest way to get traffic to your website. With keywords, you select you will be a top search result on Google, Yahoo, and Bing. For some starting, this might be too expensive and you will need organic growth to your site. Organic Growth to your website is SEO. The goal is to have enough traffic to your site when people are searching for you to show up on the first page of all major search engines. Instead of the PPC advertising, the traffic to your website is going to be much higher. SEO might seem very complex to achieve, but it’s not complicated. I have simplified SEO for you to read here.
Step 5: Establish your expert reputation.
The internet is an information super highway. Provide your views with free informative material about your niche. Link to other free information on other sites. As your website is your niche and you are creating the content make sure to produce quality content.
- Expert articles, and videos for free on your site will be key.
- Have a share button for people to link to their social media for all their friends.
- Hang out in different forums and networking sites to share all your content.
What this will do is increase your reputation. When your reputation increases that means there is more traffic to your site. More traffic to your site means more people are reading your content. More people on your site, more chances someone will purchase a product.
Step 6: Following up with potential customers.
The popular saying, out of sight out of mind. This is very true when it comes to your viewers. If you are not following up, or creating hot leads for your website, you are missing out. What you need is to have people subscribe to your website so you can send emails. When someone subscribes to your
website you have a hot lead to send them products or information directly to them. That person who subscribes is your exact target market.
- They want the information you have or else they would not have subscribed.
- You begin to develop a relationship with your customer.
- You can measure the response to all the emails you send.
- Email marketing is incredibly cheap and highly effective.
Step 7: Higher income with upselling and back-end sales
The hardest part is selling to a first-time customer. Once you have done that most customers will come back. Think about yourself and where you shop. Most of the products and stores you shop at are places you have already been. This is what you will want to establish after you make the hardest sale, the first one.
- Offer products that may compliment the first purchase. If you sold someone a pen, they mostly could use paper to go with it.
- After the purchase have a section with more products that are related.
- You can also use the marketing tool, as you see on Amazon users who purchased this also purchased this good.
Always reward your customers for being loyal to you. Treat them well and they will come back.
All of this may seem like a very complicated process, but each step is critical for your business online. I have found a website that is teaching people about building a business online, Wealthy Affiliate. You can read my review about Wealthy Affiliate here. The website Wealthy Affiliate is free to join. Head on over if you would like some serious instructions on completing each and every one of these steps.
If you have any questions or would just like to say hello, please leave me a comment below.