With all of the hype going on in the multi-level marketing industry, there seems to be a new company popping up every now and then. While it is common to see these new setups pack up as a result of low revenue or just improper planning, it is also common to see those who have stood the test of time withstand these fierce competitions from the newer companies.
In this review, we will explore Melaleuca and check out its entire operation to find out if it works and how much money can be made from it. We will also determine if it is the best business to invest in and find out if it is real or a scam.
The company has been around for quite a long while. Having been established in 1985 by Frank L. Vandersloot, Melaleuca is heavily focused on the wellness niche.
According to popular reports, the company makes over 1 billion dollars in annual revenue and its operations have spread to several countries of the world. With its main focus being the production and supply of wellness products, Melaleuca also has products on health, cleanliness and eco sustenance in their catalog.
It operates as your typical work from home multi-level marketing scheme and could be profitable for those who understand how these systems work.
Pros and cons of the program
- Organic and “green” products are definitely the new wave. With this sudden focus on eco-friendly products, there seem to be a lot of potential for earning with this company.
- The company has been around for over 32 years and this makes it easier to market and distribute the products.
- Being a multi-level marketing company, your earnings are directly correlated with the amount of hard work you put in. This makes it possible for you to decide exactly how much money you make.
- The products seem to be quite expensive when compared to their store-bought counterparts. This means that a lot of convincing and marketing might be needed even with crowds that are already familiar with the product.
- Members of the company have complained of the difficulty involved as there is a certain benchmark of products that must be ordered monthly in order to retain membership.
- Multi-level marketing is not always for everyone. Investing blindly in this company when you have no idea on how to get leads might mean that you will not get your money back.
The company has a very wide range of products spread across beauty, health, cleaning, and basically anything organic. One of the most popular products, a skin care lotion known as “Renew” has shown to be quite effective and while it may be pricey, it has gotten quite a lot of positive reviews. Its product catalog features several items spread across;
- Weight-loss supplements
- Vitamins and supplement
- Energy drinks
- Bath products
- Oral care
- Household cleaners
- And others.
The main system of support in Melaleuca is through your uplines. Having introduced you to the system, they serve as your mentors and guides to understanding more details on how to operate. There are also online support systems where you can reach them through email or through their toll-free numbers. The company also have accounts on different social media including, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter and a few others where communication is more direct and faster.
Price and compensation plan
Earning with Melaleuca is just like every other multilevel marketing business. In order to ensure that you earn a great profit, you not only need to purchase products and sell but you also need to ensure that you sign new members up to the system and encourage them to stay active. It is based on a point system where you get rewarded when your downlines make progress and the same thing happens with your upline too.
In order to retain your membership, you must ensure that you purchase a monthly volume that amounts to 35 points or more. This translates to a minimum price of $80 every month. Also, keep in mind that this means you need to sell off these products and get new members as quick as you can if you hope to actually break even consistently.
My final opinion of Melaleuca
There is no doubt a real opportunity here. Multilevel marketing is a business model that allows you the freedom to determine exactly how much you get to make. However, understand that the promise of a better life and massive income is not always the reality on the ground. Melaleuca is definitely not a scam and you could make a lot of money working with the company, it is not exactly unique as they are a lot of companies with very similar models. Before you can start making the large income you expect, you will have to start at the bottom of the chain and work your way up by recruiting new members and constantly buying their products while meeting the monthly benchmarks.
If MLM is not something you are interested in doing again/or trying, then I highly suggest you give affiliate marketing a go.
The best platform to learn affiliate marketing is Wealthy Affiliate, it is free to get started and the first month is only $19. All the training and tools you will need are on the platform.